Mercedes-Benz Leads the Charge
An electric future has arrived.
It’s an electric vehicle only Mercedes-Benz could deliver: Please welcome the EQC.
As more electric automobiles hit the market and the industry trend is shifting from gas-powered vehicles to electric, Mercedes-Benz has joined the pack and leads the charge. Introducing the all-new Mercedes-Benz EQC, the first vehicle produced under the product and technology brand “Mercedes-Benz EQ”.
The EQC is the first vehicle in what will be a growing family of Mercedes-Benz all-electric vehicles. The All-New EQC creates new avenues for electric driving, combining luxury, comfort, state-of-the-art design, performance, and Mercedes-Benz’ industry-leading intelligence and technology.
For this first-ever electric model, Mercedes-Benz created a brand new all-wheel-drive system. Compact electric drivetrains are found at each axle that deliver 402 horsepower and 564 lb-ft of torque, respectively. Uncompromisingly, this all-wheel-drive system provides for a confident ride with the sporty feel. Even more, the EQC can fast-charge from 10 to 80 percent in 40 minutes, allowing this electric SUV to master any highway.
Although this vehicle bears the three-pointed Mercedes-Benz star, it also features a new style of design previously unseen from the automobile maker. Grille and headlamps are combined in a sleek black-panel surface at front, an arrangement accentuated by an LED Light Band at the top. Within, an asymmetrical cockpit puts the driver in firm and intuitive control, while rose-gold accents give the electric vehicle its own clear aesthetic. Digital and physical merge seamlessly to empower whoever takes the wheel.
And the vehicle’s technology more than bears that out. Equipped with the all-new MBUX media system, the EQC responds to the driver’s natural, conversational language. The system helps to govern the car’s functions and learns over time. Here, it’s been engineered with additional EQ settings to help manage the vehicle’s charge status, energy flow, range display and other features of electric driving. Along with the ECO Assist system that helps maintain maximum efficiency, the EQC is more than just an electric vehicle: It’s a bold statement about the future of driving.
- 80kWh lithium ion battery with standard DC Fast Charging for a 40-minute charge
- 402 hp and 564 lb-ft of torque.
- 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds.
- 4MATIC® all-wheel drive
- ECO Assist System with comprehensive support for electric driving
- DYNAMIC SELECT with EV-optimized modes
- Standard Active Brake Assist, Speed Limit Assist and PRESAFE® system
- Available Driver Assistance Systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, PRESAFE® PLUS
- Completely new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with Voice Control multimedia system based on artificial intelligence
- Digital widescreen cockpit with 10.25” instrument cluster and 10.25” media display
- LED Intelligent Light System headlamps
- Standard smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Optional ambient lighting with 64 colors
- Available AMG® Line
Sign up to get notifications about the Mercedes-Benz EQC.